Tuesday, September 05, 2006

National Crappy Mood Day

Well, it isn't really, but it should be. I'm in a foul mood and am trying hard to get over it. One thing that cheered me today: Baby girl brought home some spelling homework tonight. She told me she wasn't sure about one of her answers. The assignment was to try to figure out the meaning of a word by how it's used in the sentence.

The sentence:
How would you respond to an essay test?

Her answer:
Write neat and use big words.

I couldn't help it... I broke down and laughed. Then baby girl started laughing. I thought her answer was perfect, but she did change it to "write a paragraph" about the question.

I've been down in the dumps lately, so her answer sure cheered me up. Don't know why I'm gloomy except I'm going broke paying for gasoline. I've been negotiating contracts, etc. so that's good. Plus our LaVergne blog was featured on Monday's front page of Murfreesboro's Daily News Journal. It was an article about how much we detest the name of the new elementary school ... not so much because it's a bad name, but because there is no LaVergne Lake. And of course there's someone at city hall who is not happy about the new voice in LaVergne (our blog), so they keep posting nasty comments. But that wasn't what the article was about... well you can read it for yourself right here.

I've also had several girls quit my girl scout troop, which is natural at the beginning of the year. I really don't mind except for one girl because her Mom is so nice and NORMAL. It just broke my heart.

And then there's Steve Irwin. I really liked that dude. My thumbs-up hero... such a tragic loss.


I don't have any :::good::: reasons to be down in the dumps (well except for girl scouts, high gas prices, and one huge jerk of a realtor who YELLED at me yesterday... grrrr). So I'll shake off this funk I find myself in and try to meet tomorrow with an improved mood. G'nite, mates.

6 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Sending good vibes your way.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

*hugs* You KNOW I feel your pain, girl! :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

I was there last week, complete and total funk. This week has been incredible. I'll send some good vibes in your general direction.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Sorry the dumps. Can we have a Global Crappy Mood Day once a week at during a random day? I get one at least once a week. It goes hand in hand with the rain here.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sorry Kathy - hope ya feel better - but sometimes life just sucks

Then there are those absolutely ubelieveably spectacular days that take your breath away to make up for it.

Hold on - it will get better.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Okay, my uber crappy day was today.
Crap.
Full moon?

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home