Monday, October 02, 2006

How About Kat Coble on Skates

Kat Coble, you are the cause of my addiction. You so flippantly said, "You've never seen it? Here! You can borrow mine." Innocently, I took it. Then I put it in my DVD player and watched ... watched it like a Mama Skunk eyeing my dog. Couldn't take my eyes off it. Four nights in a row I watched. Then I went to Movie Gallery to watch the second season. They were all out.

So I took my girls to Target today. I had just had a couple of closings, so was feeling a bit sassy. I was walking down an aisle near the electronics department when I spotted it. Season Two. Grey's Anatomy. Kat Coble, this purchase I made today is entirely your fault. Ha.

To change the subject to something more serious, I want to acknowledge our fellow bloggers for helping me to build awareness for the "Christmas for the Children" event that Bob Parks Realty hosts every year for children in need. My heartfelt thanks to the fine people at Cool People Care (thank you, Sam), ThisisSmyrnaTN (shout out to Michelle), Drama Llama (you go, Mark) have really stepped up to the plate to help us raise money for our gift to the children of LaVergne and Smyrna. We are at this time about $12,000 short of being able to help the kids out, so there is a very real possibility that the event will be cancelled this year.

We are hosting a "Skate for the Children" night at the Smyrna Skate Center on October 10th from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. Admission is $4 ($2 goes to the Christmas fund), plus skate rental is $2.50. We will also have a donation jar and Mark is pulling together a silent auction. I would like to personally invite the blogging community to come and have some fun with us next Tuesday. If you work outside the home, I ask that you possibly pass the hat around at your place of employment and bring your company's contribution that night. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, please just come - pay your admission to get in and enjoy the evening!

Mark has promised that if we raise $200, I will get out on the skating rink and shake my bootie. This I WILL DO... but not on skates. I value my bones as they are now - unbroken. So please please please come on out. Post about the event on your own blog. If you'd like me to email you a flyer, just comment here and I'll be glad to do this.

I also want to recognize the two businesses that have already stepped in to help:

Ernie Dunbar of Allstate in LaVergne.
Dempsey Howard of LaVergne, Smyrna & Nashville City Guides.

There have been other people who've donated, but the ones I list here are the ones who are donating through blogging or through the Skate for the Children event. Thank you for any help you can give.

Footnote: please don't judge me harshly about my above mentioned purchase when we are trying raise awareness and money. I do give a percentage of every paycheck to a benevolent fund which helps this noble cause, along with other charities throughout the entire year.

3 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

I'll be in class just up the road but I will bring the kids and pick them up afterwards.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel this will be a great event everyone will feel really warm and good on the inside once its over and hopefully we can make this a yearly event but much earleir in the year with alot more things to do. all I want this year for christmas is to make these kids have a great holiday....


mark

10:28 PM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

Heh. I'm evil that way! ;-p

You'll love season two. I still need to buy it.

And I"ll try to be at the skate thing, because I LOVE to roller skate.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home