Thursday, September 28, 2006

Definitely Thankful this Thursday

Let's hear it for having two closings in one day! Woot! [If you don't want to read about real estate, skip this paragraph.] In spite of what some agents would have you believe, I am telling you the real estate market did slip in August. I've been crunching numbers for several months and have seen a definite trend in a bigger inventory of homes available. For buyers, this is good. For sellers, not so much. For sellers, they have to have their homes priced just right, have them immaculate, and be ready to show any time to sell. For buyers, if you're looking at homes above $150,000 you have LOTS of choices. It's the $90,000 to $130,000 homes in great shape that are hard to find ... especially in LaVergne and Smyrna.

So it is a good day. Tonight we have Wolfy's... I'm looking forward to the get-together even though I have no idea who the chick from Rocketboom is and also had never heard of Rocketboom. My poor deprived life. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the bloggers!

The other big news that's all over the LaVergne and Smyrna blogs is regarding the annual Christmas for the Children effort by Bob Parks Realty. It started 20 years ago when some agents asked Bob what he wanted for Christmas. He said to just find a needy child and give them a Christmas gift instead. This has grown to the point where hundred of children receive new clothes (including coats) and a toy at Christmas. I thought about 120-200 kids were served in LaVergne and Smyrna last year, but it was 220. Because the agents in my office have been unable to raise $14,000 for this event, it looks like it may be cancelled this year. This is a last-ditch effort to try to find dollars for the kids to have Christmas. Mark at Drama Llama has been working hard to put together a silent auction for the "Skate for the Children" night. We would love it if the blogging community would come to this event. I can't skate, but I'll be there. (If you want to see Kathy T. being gurneyed off the skating rink floor with a broken butt-bone, then I'll skate. Gosh, it hurts just thinking about it.) Anyway, the Christmas for the Children fund will be given $2 by the Smyrna Skate Center for every person who comes. We will also put out some donation jars if you feel you can help more.

Meanwhile, I'm also getting ready to go CAMPING this weekend. My idea of outdoor adventure is bringing a suitcase, laptop case, purse, and shoulder-carry bag into a hotel room without using a bellman. And to make it worse, it's TENT camping. I have to do this for my girl scout troop. Going Friday at 6:00 p.m. (so I can't go to Blogger Bunco) and come back Saturday at 4:00 p.m. I'm going to try to have fun. I'm going to try to be positive. I'm going to make s'mores. And I'm probably going to gross out my family when I get home ... at least until I can shower. Blech.

Looking forward to tonight!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Malia said...

It turns out that Sweetpea will get to be in a Brownie troop this year and I don't even have to be a leader or co-leader!! :-D

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home