Sunday, October 29, 2006

I Used to Find Cinnamon Disturbing

Another lifetime ago I worked in a horse barn that had been converted into an office. I sure wish I had a photo of it to share, but couldn't even find one on google images. Anytime you convert a barn, you will still find some barn animals - in this case we still had mice. There weren't too many of them and usually we only knew about them from the presents they left us. Nasty little I-want-to-give-you-a-disease-that-will-rot-your-eyeballs-out-type presents. Nope, I do not like mice.

In some instances, though, a live mouse is better than a dead mouse. But the mouse I'm thinking about died ... inside a wall in the office suite I was in. Then it proceeded to decompose. Did I mention that my office didn't have a window? So instead of being able to keep fresh air flowing, one of my colleagues brought in a cinnamon candle to disguise the smell. I don't know what was worse: the mouse without the candle or the mouse with the cinnamon candle.

For about 15 years, I automatically associate the smell of cinnamon with a very dead Night-Before-Christmas creature. And it took this long to figure out that it finally doesn't bother me. I'm thankful that I can smell cinnamon again without gagging. What does this have to do with anything? Not a dang thing. Except I may try to come up with some ideas this year for using cinnamon as it relates to Christmas presents. What do you think?


Just wrapped cinnamon? Or...


Should I really try to be creative and MAKE ornaments? If I do either, it will really be a true test to see if I've overcome my aversion to cinnamon.

Oh yeah...I also wanted to try to add this as my new profile picture. You like? I've dumped the "two-thumbs up" for now. Enh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

soooooooooooo sexy.........glad you added a nice nw picture......HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Too bad...cinnamon reminds me of Christmas. But I can see how you have an aversion to it...due to that nasty ole mouse. I had an aversion for a long time to doritoes. They made me puke when I was preggo with #1 kid.....took me about 4 years to overcome ;) TMI? lol

8:56 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

I can't imagine anyone having such a terrible experience with cinnimon, but then again, people think the same of me concerning licorice.

BTW - thanks very much. ;)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

You do have the greatest smile, and coolest voice.
I love the pic.
BTW, thanks for all your support on the elimination of Edna. Meant more than you will ever know.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home