Monday, December 18, 2006

Another Weekend Gone

Nothing smart nor Earth-shattering entertainment in this post tonight, but here it is: I shopped successfully this weekend! Woot. I want to thank everyone who helped shop for "Christmas for the Children" and then all who helped wrap all those gifts we got. Little Kimberly, Dustin, Brandon, Katie, Amber, Maddi, Libby, and Zachary should have a very nice Christmas now. The only thing I wasn't able to get was a pair of brown shoes, but only because my writing wasn't clear enough to see if it was for a boy or girl.... I may go back tomorrow for the shoes.

Elbow feels better from my fall on Friday, but ankle and buttocks are sore. I'm so glad for shopping carts to hold on to as I walk around stores! Not sure, but I believe I'm done shopping for my kids, along with my nieces and nephews. I still haven't mailed any Christmas cards, though. Yuck. Nor any baking. Instead, I bought Comast's "Family Feud" game and have been playing the holiday version rather than doing something useful. My youngest daughter likes playing it with me. She's a sick little puppy today - spiked a 103 degree fever. The Tylenol has helped her a lot, but I told her to wake me up tonight if she feels really bad.

I did get one piece of hate email today. I had sent someone a market analysis of their home (it was a for sale by owner). The asshats sent me an email saying, "I don't know what you hoped to gain from this, but what will happen is that we'll never give you our business or recommend you." I really don't understand why people go out of their way to be nasty and ugly. I hope that the airport runway which is aimed directly at their house doesn't inhibit the sale of their home - NOT. Sigh... what jerks.

Saturday is our 20th anniversary and my parents have agreed for the girls to stay with them while the husband and I try to find a nice restaurant in Madisonville next Saturday to go to ALONE. While we're delighted to have a Christmas anniversary, it sometimes takes away the celebration because it is so close to Christmas. I asked the husband for a new vacuum cleaner for a gift. He hasn't asked for anything, so I know what he wants.

So why is it when we watch these shows about people from 13,000 years ago, some have perfectly straight, white teeth? And damn it! Why didn't Ozzy win on Survivor tonight?! Yul got by because he had the hidden idol, and everyone knew it, but every single immunity that Ozzy won was earned. And what the heck was wrong with the girls that they couldn't build a fire? Geez. I'm done now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Perhaps it's because Survivor is a lot about strategy and Yul played a *flawless* game, strategy-wise. :P

1:14 AM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

Ack! I didn't watch it and was going to catch it later on the site, and was going to try my best to avoid finding out the winner... but I knew Ozzy or Yul would win anyway so really doesn't matter, haha!

The girls did do work and stuff around camp, but I don't think either one of them had the skills to survive on their own. If one or even both of them had been stuck there by themselves 30 days I don't think they would have fared very well.

As for those people that were nasty to you - some people are just compelled to always be jerks, Kathy. Don't let them get to you too much.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

i'm gonna let you look at our house appraisal one day. I don't understand a couple of parts of it. Like why the hell would I have 12,000 in depreciation?

11:06 AM  
Blogger View From The Lake said...

I'm hoping that the airport runway isn't aimed directly at my house.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home