Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Slow Donnie Lives

I used to love watching Just Shoot Me!, especially the Slow Donnie shows with David Cross. Here's an audio file to my favorite Slow Donnie song, "Chicken Pot Pie." It goes:

Chicken Pot
Chicken Pot
Chicken Pot Pie.

My husband's best friend in Atlanta has Thanksgiving dinner every year with David Cross and his sister. Close your eyes and shout "Lucky!" Thank you, Napoleon.

But my attention faltered... back to why I'm writing about this. A man and his mother in Tacoma, Washington have been faking his retardation for years and years to collect a disability check. That's pretty low. They've received $111,000 in total over the last 10 years. Wow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Malia said...

Ever since that particular episode, whenever I tell David that we're having chicken pot pie for dinner, without fail he will sing that "song"!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing what people will do for money. They should be forced to pay it back to people actually in that situation. Shame on them.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how your posts have made me laugh! My husband and I got the biggest kick out of Slow Donnie and would sing the chicken pot pie song to each other at really inapporpriate moments (like during communion at church) just to see if we could make the other laugh. Thanks for the memory!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home