Saturday, December 02, 2006

My Brain is Empty

Tonight, it really is empty. So I thought I'd try to think about stuff. I don't want to piss off anyone else. I don't want to think too seriously about anything like religion, politics, professionalism, right to life, plastic surgery, or housecleaning, so I'm doing this instead. Read it if you want. If you don't want, don't read.

THREE THINGS

Scare me: "Come in and close the door," cockroaches, wondering about my daughters' futures.

People who make me laugh: Jon Stewart, Steve Carrell, my funny funny (at times) husband.

I love: Ice Cream, paychecks, vacations.

I hate: My temper, my singing voice, ringer on the phone of guy down the hall.

I don't understand: Why anyone besides Laura blindly supports "W," why kids today wear those baggy pants and grab their crotches, why I never had a paid position as the person in charge.

Things on my desk: Happy bell (ring it when I need some happiness), flickering lamp from sci fi writer Andre Norton's estate, envelope full of boxtop labels.

I'm doing right now: Watching Cash in the Attic, wondering when my husband and MIL are going to return from Wally World, thinking I need a shower.

I want to do before I die: Ride in a hotair balloon, publish a book, travel to Europe.

I can do: Find bumps in weird places all over my body, blog better than anyone else in my office, soothe a crying child.

I can't do: Cook well, sing well, have rhythm.

I think you should listen to: My brother's myspace site, Neil Young's version of "Four Strong Winds," Mozart.

You should never listen to: Advice from Tom Cruise, Ann Coulter, people without the ability to consider other viewpoints.

I'd like to learn: To speak Spanish, to play piano, to fly an airplane.

Favorite foods: Mom's fried chicken, homemade mac and cheese, perfectly cooked steak with sauteed mushrooms.

Beverages I drink regularly: Diet Cream Soda, Unsweet Iced Tea, Coffee (aka ambrosia).

Shows I watched as a kid: Star Trek (original), Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch.

People I'm tagging (because they intrigue me): Ivy, Shauna, B-Dub.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindy said...

These lists are always good fun, and interesting to boot. :)
Thanks for the happy birthday wishes! It was a good one. Just got in from Maggiano's for the b-day night out from the hubby. De-lish!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Okay, I love this post.
And being that I'm very similar to you, it may be that we were abducted by aliens as children and hung out together.
I'm thinking we may have seen Rex L. Camino up there as well.
It's a thought.
And, you will get your book published.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Oh, boy did you ever choose the right answer for the beverages you drink regularly because I'm rewarding you for the NaBloPoMo with three kinds of coffee!

I've sent you an e-mail so we can connect on how to get the prize to you. Congratulations! I think, after reading this, that you've found a new reader in me, too.

Best,
Kelly

7:18 PM  
Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

y'know, I totally read this, thought, "I'll get right on that posting" and promptly forgot about it.

Procrastination, it is my friend.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home