Friday, December 15, 2006

Oh Happy Day (Mostly)

I'm having some difficulty typing tonight - my first night to be able to post in several days. Christmas festivities and obligations have sure kept this household busy. Started out with our Girl Scout party Monday night, Tuesday was the youngest daughter's very first band concert (she did great), Wednesday was quiet so I spent family time, Thursday night was our Girl Scout Service Unit party, and tonight we had Christmas caroling to try to get donations for the local food bank. We had one person donate one dollar, so I bought some diapers and soup so we wouldn't show up with only a dollar to donate. Yikes.

My day hasn't been fabulous, yet it has! It started when I spilled my coffee all over my car... grrrr. Then an amazing friend of mine who shall remain anonymous unless she chooses to reveal herself purchased her very first home. That was exciting! The builder hadn't finished everything (little things like installing appliances, etc.), so we went back to the home after closing to check the progress. As we were leaving, I stepped off the curb and fell. It was not a graceful, slow motion fall. It was a hard fall and I landed on by elbow and back in the muddy street. That hurt (and still hurts) like a sonofab*tch, let me tell you. My friend and the appliance deliveryman were gracious enough to help me get up. My friend received a lovely throw blanket as a closing gift from the homebuilder, and she loaned the blanket to me to sit on so I wouldn't get mud all over my car on my drive home. Yes, I had to go home to take a shower and wash off the mud.

Now my eye hurts. But at least my dog didn't eat kids poop medicine.

Oh... tomorrow at 12:00 noon at the Smyrna K-Mart! If you want to help us "shop for the children" meet us there! Then we'll go to my office to wrap the presents! It should be fun. And what with this damaged elbow, I'll need all the help I can get.

Sorry this is disjointed and scattered. I have been working on another "wrinkle" story, but haven't finished it. More are coming! Hope everyone has a nice, sunny weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lynnster said...

I was wondering what had become of you this week, glad you're OK, but ouch!! That looks painful!

Have a great weekend and watch those curbs, missy!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger ceeelcee said...

RUABelle took a nasty spill last weekend going into our storm cellar. She has a bruise on her butt that is all the colors of the rainbow, but luckily it's below the beltline so it doesn't appear as if I beat her.

Take advantage of the situation to get the kids to do all the housework and get some "pity-closings" on some new properties.

Get well soon!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Hope the boo-boo gets better soon. Try some Advil...

9:01 AM  
Blogger Chip said...

Oh, That's right! Congratulations new home owner!

And looks like that other home down the street from you sold too! I bet you are just tickled pink now. ;) aside from the boobo.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouchie! Hope this gets better quickly! You're very dear to be working for the kids as you do!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

awwww, your boo boo looks bad and that face is just pitiful (work it, baby!) ;-)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home