Wednesday, December 06, 2006

240. The Real Number

Thanks to Kerry and the Lynnster for telling me the dashboard light doesn't just offer paradise - it also offers the number of posts you've made. I went through and deleted all my drafts:
  • Would I ever run for political office
  • The good things accomplished by the Bush administration (I only found two things)
  • On Being Fat (I was going to share a liposuction picture)
None of those had enough oomph to warrant posting. Much like this post so far! ha.

The real reason I'm here tonight is because I'm trying hard to contain myself but can't!!! My 16-year old announced what she wants to be as an adult and it's every parent's dream come true!!! I'm not being sarcastic, so it's NOT pregnant and unmarried living in a trailer down by the river.

She has decided she would maybe like to be a pediatrician because she likes kids and teaching positions just don't pay enough. If she does that, I no longer have to worry about Powerball being my retirement plan! Woot! So the husband asks her, "Are you sure you don't want to become a surgeon? You could do the gender reassignment operation changing a female to a male."

She just looked at him.

He asked, "Do you know what that operation is called?"

She said, "Ummm.. a transgender thing?"

::DRUMROLL::: "No, it's an addadicktome."

I live with clowns. But I am seriously hoping the daughter pursues a medical career. That would make me happy. The other daughter thinks she wants to be a school counselor and I like that too!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

I love it! My 6 yr old teeters between wanting to be a "doctor that fixes hearts" (go, girl!) to being a veterinarian (that'll work, too!). Hopefully, she'll stay on that path...and perhaps I can retire early.

P.S. Kathy, I would be honored if you would add me to your list of "Read the Friends" :)

10:48 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Wow, you're quick! In the words of MySpace, "Thanks for the add!" :)

11:13 PM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

That's awesome, Kathy! And pediatrics is a pretty good field $-wise, yes, even in this day and age of healthcare craziness.

As for hubby's joke: GROAN!!!! Heh heh.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

i'm really hoping one of my kids makes it big one day...so I can go to the good retirement home.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done on the kid rearing thing! Tell hub I loved that groaner of a joke!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on the retirement fund. My 3 1/2 year old was disappointed to find out last night that I'm not sharing the $431 that I have stashed away in my 401K. But he needs a Trasformer! I'm hoping he'll be buying me a Transformer in the future!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home