Sunday, December 10, 2006

Can You Have Fun and Not Drink?

The answer is yes, especially when you're surrounded by people you like and admire. I had my Sam's Club chocolate eclairs arranged in my free-for-hosting-an-idiotic-Home-Interior-party bowl, I had my cheesey real estate calendars, and I had two of my best friends (M. of This is Smyrna and Ivy) as carpool buddies. Together we set out for the famous Mothership late yesterday afternoon.

Let me say here and now how grateful I am that Kerry and gang picked yesterday as the party date, pre-empting my own Middle-Tennessee Bloggers and Podcast Meeting shindig that was previously scheduled. They did contact me and I was totally cool with it, but now I'm especially grateful because my mother-in-law and husband were both home sick and I would've had to cancel the party anyway due to that. But I am still working on a party - just don't know when at this point.

I've met a lot of our friends in blogging before, but did get to finally meet others: GingerSnaps (she could not possibly be nicer or cuter), B-Dub (he could not possibly be nicer or cuter), Sarcastro (former Realtor who wised up), Sam Davidson (dude, you are awesome), Glen Dean (future Realtor and/or Appraiser), Linda (who made me laugh until I practically cried from watching her in the gag video), Chris Wage, Blake (who doesn't post enough!), Slartibartfast (yes he has a fun name to say) and Mrs. Slartifibartfast, Rex L. Camino (briefly) and Mrs. Camino, the Holiday Grinch (actually we met before, but she wasn't a blogger then), and RUaBelle.

It was also great seeing Rachel (I didn't know Koreans turn red when they drink), John H., CLC, the Knuck, Aunt B., K-Cob, Brittney (I'm jealous of her hair, it's long enough to cut and donate to locks-of-love), Smifferoo, Kerry, the guy on my MySpace, Sara Clark, Brilliant Jag, Gunner & Elizabeth, and I'm forgetting about a kazillion people. Sorry!

I want to see Jeffraham, Malia, Sonia, Newscoma and Rodent Queen (my deepest condolences), Drama Llama, Lynnster, Mari, Shauna, Chip, and Big Orange Michael at the next one! You guys were definitely missed! And next time I'm bringing my camera.

6 Comments:

Blogger John H said...

If i was handing out best dressed awards at last night's event, you would be the female counterpart of Blake...you looked mahvalous.

always nice seeing you and your dog-eating-cat-poop expert counterpart, and the rest of the lavergne and shirley gang.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wished I could have been there. Looks like fun was had by all. Alas, the other parties we were invited to were on each end of Nashville. One in Franklin(south that is) and the other North nashville(Goodlettsville) We are tired little Bitches. LOL

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you, Kathy! I'm looking into finding a "litterbox anonymous" group for our pooches - or a support group for us owners. If nothing else, Lillie's habit might fuel the sequel to my video! :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

It was so cool to meet you Kathy T! (You do realize that is your name, right? Kathy T, not Kathy). Anyway, it was so much fun...we must all do this again soon! I'm up late surfing everybody's sites again, cuz I miss y'all already! :)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

I tried to post this Sunday night but your comment box wouldn't let me, let's see what happens now...

I'm coming for sure next time there is one, no matter what else is going on! Count on it!!!

Everybody's pics were so great and you all looked like you were having such great fun! And John's right, you looked so pretty in the pictures I saw! Glad you all had a good time!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

There was no way I could have made it...I had agreed to babysit the niece and nephew over a month ago. But hey, maybe next year.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home