Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007

It's heeeere! 2007 arrived with fireworks, hugs, kisses, champagne, and family. We didn't have company for the first time in several years, but did have a nice time (especially watching Melissa's indescribable little dance - Elvis comes to mind). We posed for a family portrait.



We thawed the frozen shrimp I bought a couple of months ago. It smelled bad, so we didn't eat it (yet). Our oldest daughter ate one piece, so we're waiting to see if she gets sick from it before eating more. But we did munch on chips and salsa and snickerdoodle cookies. Have you tried those LIME tostitos? Those are wonderful!

I was so excited that we're at January 1, 2007 because I was going to copy Malia's project last year by going to blogbinders and having my blog published. Unfortunately, they've shut down and are recommending Lulu.com. The problem with Lulu is that you have to format it yourself and I didn't want to do that. Lazy indeed.

But I do have some New Year's resolutions:
  1. Eat fewer carbs and sugars and more healthy veggies.
  2. Schedule time to exercise (I really admire M. for taking her kung fu classes).
  3. Keep a cleaner house (don't just wait for company to come before I clean).
  4. Go through boxes, shelves, clothes, etc. and get rid of stuff that's not used.
  5. Think before I speak and consider all ramifications (I know this sounds so high-schoolish, but old habits die hard!).
  6. Say no-thank-you to anyone who offers any dogs or cats. Mean it.
  7. Keep saving money for family vacation.
For family vacation, I'd like to go to Michigan, Connecticut, or Alaska. Those are the only three states I haven't been to, although I think I was in Nebraska only because of a wrong-turn my Dad made when I was a teen.

Oops... the picture was too big and completely messed up my blog format, so I'm taking it off and will just leave this link so you can do it yourself: create your own personalized map of the USA. The map came via Lynnster, via Chez Bez, and I saw John H. also had one.

I do have more resolutions, but they are work-related and I'll save those for my daily affirmations. You are worth it, you are a good person and dog-gone-it people like you! Happy New Year!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy,

I thought that wrong turn put us in Iowa, not Nebraska. But I could easily be wrong. Maybe it was Nebraska.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

Well if it was Iowa, then I might not have ever been to Nebraska either. That makes four states... I'll have to ponder this. :)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that picture! By the way, we found a dog. Do you want her? :)


just testing. We really did find a dog, but if nobody claims her, I have a feeling we'll be adding her to the family. Maybe I should've made some resolutions of my own.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to ya!

You've sure got me beat on the states bit...

Thanks for all the 'wrinkles'...

7:51 PM  
Blogger mark said...

Hey stranger....I want to take this time to wish you and your wonderful family a Happy New Year. hope this year is better than last and everything goes well for the Tyson;s!!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

This is a great picture of you guys!

Well, if you ever want to visit Nebraska, let me know... my sister and brother-in-law can show you around Lincoln (don't die from excitement over that, I'm sure not)... ;)

(I should probably stop dissing Nebraska, it'll probably be neat whenever I do get up there to visit, I'm just mad at them for moving.) :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Malia said...

I just heard about Lulu.com although I didn't know that blogbinders was defunct. I think that even though you have to format it yourself, you get a better product 'cause you can incorporate pictures and comments into the book. Blogbinders didn't do that.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home