Friday, January 05, 2007

A New Day has Dawned

It's a good day in our home when both girls made it to the bus stop in time to take the big yellow transport to school. I had to giggle at the teenager who galloped up the yard when she left the house. She made it to her stop with at least four minutes to spare before the bus arrived. I wish I'd taken a picture of that, but we get this instead.



I snapped the photo at the Mexican restaurant on Bell Road next to the Olive Garden while waiting for my salad. I got some weird looks from the workers and a lot of rapid fire Espanol of which I didn't understand a single word. But I still liked the fountain because it looks like a little Mexican Dutch boy.

I've been watching with interest the crying and gnashing of teeth from Republicans as the Democrats take charge of the House and Senate. It amazes me that the Democrats are taking ANY criticism from Republicans and anyone else because they aren't being "bipartisan." The Republicans blindly supported the current resident of the White House to their own peril and squashed all bipartisanship when they were in command. And now they complain about Dems not being bipartisan? Huh. They squandered years of Republican rule by letting politics take the front seat with common sense tied up and locked away in the trunk. They have only themselves to blame.

I think Democrats have every right to run the first 100 hours as they see fit. But I do hope that after that, they will reach out to Republicans and truly make an effort to legislate so that they represent all the people of the United States. All of our politicians need to forget about red states v. blue states and remember that no matter where we live or how we voted, we the PEOPLE deserve to be represented with dignity, respect, intelligence, and fairness.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

You go, girl! I agree totally.

Heeey, we need to make a date to go to Casa Fiesta (Mexican place by Olive Garden), and let our kiddies hang out while we enjoy A (one, uno) margarita! :)

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home