Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's Not Mississippi Mud, But...

Good ol' yellow cake mix with chocolate frosting is the topic of today's 365 Project. I used to think it was my favorite cake, but then I tasted my mother-in-law's Mississippi Mud Cake. That's what I craved my entire pregnancy with my youngest, but couldn't eat it because I had gestational diabetes. She made one right after Melissa was born and only one other in the next 11 years, but it remains my favorite.



By the way, the corner piece is the absolute best. But then again, I like the heel of bread too. BUT, I'm trying to keep with the new year resolution of cutting back on the carbs and sugars, so didn't even have a bowl of cereal last night before bedtime. I feel a pound lighter already.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you just inspired a batch of brownies.

Please let me have all the ingredients on hand. . . I do not have the energy for driving, today. (Heck, I don't have the energy for much of anything)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

I prefer pie to cake, but yellow cake is in the top five of cakes in my book. When it comes to cake I generally go for the spice/apple spice and carrot. But pie? MMMMMMM!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. That looks so good. Shame on you for posting such a yummy looking cake. I want some so bad. Funny, you never really want something sweet unless you are conciously avoiding them. LOL

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The heel of the bread is the BEST. There's a standing rule in my house ... I get the heel of any sliced or freshly baked (the best) bread. period.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Carye said...

Oh man, corner piece yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting. I can see why your blog is a dangerous place, LOL!

I just had to pop in and see why Heather was suddenly baking brownies. YUM!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home