Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Woeful Wednesday

It's really NOT woeful ... I just like alliteration. Where is Wednesday When We Want White Wheels? See how neat that sounds?

I did survive the Girl Scout Lock-In. It was mostly fun, but Saturday was hard after only 2 hours of sleep. And I couldn't sleep. Everyone went out to dinner and to Wal-Mart (yuck) Saturday evening to give me quiet time. What did I do? Sat there awake. Made some mac & cheese (homemade). Did some laundry. It's Wednesday and I'm finally feeling rested. I don't have to be anywhere until 12:30, so I made Hillary ride the bus and went back to bed at 7:45 a.m. That extra hour of sleep before the phone woke me has sure given me that boost I was looking for.

Mom and Dad sold their cabin and 40 acres in Indiana. They just reached the point where they couldn't take care of it, so one of my cousins bought it. I think I'm going to miss the vacation getaway, but it's the right thing for my parents to do. They've taken their money, invested in an annuity, and will be pulling out the interest once a year to go on a vacation. We're planning to go do the drive out west in the summer of 2007. I've started saving already!

I'll try to post tomorrow with news about how the "Job Shadowing" day goes. I've got a senior from Smyrna who will be following me around. We've got some fun things planned! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home