Friday, December 22, 2006

Blogs Don't Make ME Peckish

People who blog have taken a lot of criticism in 2006. There was the Nashville Scene's funny little piece:
"Bloggers blogged about their anticipation of the event, they posted photos on their blogs of themselves with other bloggers, and many bloggers rushed home to blog about how nice it was to meet people who are bloggers—just like themselves!"
There was the infamous "Nemesis Boy" who pulled the fast one on "even Nashville’s most 'intelligent' web surfers." When Kate was Nemesis Boy, I didn't hold her in high regard. Now that she's not, I still don't. But she got an "A" because she was a pretty good liar manipulator, so good for her. The bottom line is we all tell our children, "Be careful who you talk to online. They may say they're a preteen bookworm, but they may really be a middle-aged old pervert." How is that different than what Nemesis Boy did?

There was the interesting piece published by Open Source magazine: 200 Million People Can't be Wrong About Blogging. 200 million people have now stopped posting. I do miss Crap & Drivel, but otherwise the people I like to read still blog.

If you don't like reading blogs, don't. If you don't want to write one, don't. If you want to experiment on bloggers, whatever. I'm not trying to be pretentious or self-important. I'm just doing something I enjoy... writing, talking to other people, listening to opinions, following politics, etc. But because you insinuated that bloggers don't have lives (Captain Kirk, how could you betray us?), I suppose I'd better just go hide in my room and cry for a while. Sniff sniff.

UPDATE: So, I begin a lot of sentences like that. Yo. And I talk like this. I ROFLMAO and say OMG, too. Sometimes I throw up in my mouth a little. I'm a typical, misguided blogger who overuses old cliches! Woot!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

OMG, you GO girl! My sentiments exactly! If somebody doesn't like the way you or I write our blogs, screw 'em...it's our blogs and we'll write what and how we want to!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home