Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Beam Me Away from Politics, Dahling

I started a post earlier - a good/bad thing - trying to find both good and bad things both political parties have done on different issues: environment, crime, economy, war, children, etc. I was trying to be non-partisan and did find a couple of things (read: ONE) I'm pleased with that the Powers That Be have done. That was making the Hawaiian island a protected marine resource. I really liked that. Then I got stuck and gave up. I'm too biased so was unable to fairly gather facts to support my thoughts that maybe both parties have some good AND bad in them. This should be a project for two people who get along swell, but have differing political views.

Then I saw something absolutely astounding at CNN.com. It appears that scientists have made it to the next step of teleportation technology. Now that is cool news. It is amazing. Read all about it here. I used to think I was born too late to enjoy the hippie era - I like hippies. I like their peacenik thoughts and views of the world. Then I watched my first Star Trek and decided that I was born too early! That was the world I wanted to be in! I wanted to wear a short little skirt and hand Captain Kirk a clipboard asking for his signature (who blogged about not liking to sign all the paperwork earlier???). Or I wanted to be Uhura. She is probably why I got a degree in communications. I never realized that until this moment.

I am still pissed off that I can't afford the $20 million to go into space with the Russian astronauts (and that my svelte, divine figure wouldn't allow it anyway). But this is cool!!!

"Teleportation between two single atoms had been done two years ago by two teams but this was done at a distance of a fraction of a millimeter," Polzik, of the Danish National Research Foundation Center for Quantum Optics, explained. "Our method allows teleportation to be taken over longer distances because it involves light as the carrier of entanglement," he added.

I know I'm not being logical right now (haha) when all I want to say is COOL! but I can't help it! Logic is out the window! To the moon! Maybe we'll be able to beam hearts into transplant patients someday. Or we can all have our own transporter and just beam over to see Mom or Grandma once a week. Or to borrow a cup of sugar. Or for dinner. How cool! I'm loving it!

Remember: Skate for the Children, October 10th, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m., Smyrna Skate Center. Or contact Kathy T. at 491-2161 to make a donation to the Christmas for the Children fund.

2 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

Transporters, hell. Remember Children of the Mind? Yeah baby. That's what I'm talking about.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Malia said...

car pooling soccer moms all over the country are saying, "AMEN!"

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home