Friday, October 06, 2006

Pumpkin Farm Fun


Old Kathy T. had two kids
Ee yi ee yi oh
And the two kids when they learned to talk
Ee yi ee yi oh
Said "Let's go shopping!"
Said "That not fair!"
Said "Take me to Kinkos for I have a project due tomorrow and I don't care if it costs $8 and you have no money because it's due tomorrow and I have to go to Kinkos"
Ee yi ee yi oh.

That was one of our songs we sang on the hay ride. Yes, the lunch at O'Charleys and the trip to the Pumpkin Farm were wonderful fun! As already noted by Daily Diablogger and Drama Llama, several Smyrna and LaVergne bloggers came:

Daily Diablogger
Drama Llama
Chip of Chip Talks
Bad Bad Ivy
Gunner of No Quarters
and me, Kathy T.

Mark of Drama Llama had never met any of his blogging colleagues except me, when we met for lunch to talk about the "Skate for the Children." Mark is such a warm-hearted person. He was so touched when I posted about the (still very real) possibility of cancelling the Christmas program that he has taken the lead in organizing the "Skate for the Children." Private donations from other bloggers (JennGlenn), one anonymous from McMinnville, and from family members have started rolling in. I'm not convinced we'll be able to raise enough, though, because the community has not rallied like we've hoped. Although I did talk with Mealand Ragland of the Daily News Journal. We're hoping she'll do a story this weekend or Monday or Tuesday.

Ivy was there with her video cam, acting like the hostess with the mostest. She's so funny. I dont' know if she videotaped the little kid who pointed to the turkey and said, "Look Mom! A rooster!" ha. Ivy's son Aaron got on his knees to speak to the turkey, "Hello Turkey. You realize you'll be on my table in a few weeks?" hee hee! Megs and Nate were charming, as usual!

Michelle was magnificent. She is such a gracious, interesting woman. She makes everything look so easy! I want to be Michelle when I grow up! Her children are equally impressive. They are smart, funny, well-mannered. Cody is so sweet - he is always sure to tell everyone hello! Keira and Kaitlyn are beautiful girls who I'm proud to have in my home at anytime. I love that whole family!

Chip and Todd are really neat. The two girls with me (daughter and daughter's friend) were cute when they realized they were having lunch with their former bus driver! Congrats to Chip also for his new job. Dude. I don't know when you'll have time!

And my hubby met us at the farm! He didn't join us for lunch, but it was very nice that he joined us in the great outdoors! He keeps calling me "Clod Stewart" because of my new hair-do. I got highlights and perhaps the new cut does look a bit like a Rod Stewart style, but... here are pics! Enjoy!


From left: Mark, Kathy T., Ivy, Chip, and Michelle.


The new "Clod Stewart" hairdo.


Cody & Kaitlyn (aka punkinhead & farm-girl).


From left: Melissa, Chip looking down, Ivy, Aaron, and Melissa's friend.


The kids from left: Kaitlyn, Lindsay, Melissa, Aaron, ody, Hillary, Nate, Megs, and Keira. Alex (Mark's nephew) isn't pictured because he wanted to master the corn maze (get it, corn maze = corn maize) again.


And finally, Hillary and I "scared" because we're lost in the corn maize. Don't look too hard or you'll see the street behind us. Ha.

Note: I've made a couple of edits. I spelled my daughter's name incorrectly and fixed that. Also spelled organized wrong and fixed that too. Doi. Oh and I'm adding the reminder below:

Remember: Skate for the Children, October 10th, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m., Smyrna Skate Center. Or contact Kathy T. at 491-2161 to make a donation to the Christmas for the Children fund.

7 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

I was able to post a pic to blogger. Yay me. Thanks for the kind words. Don't be like me when you grow up. According to Ivy I don't know how to have any fun... :(

Love the Clod Stewart and tell your darling young ladies thanks for letting my crew borrow the DDR. I'll have to invest in one.

Stopped by my house after the party and the doors were up and it was painted, mostly...

TTYL.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Malia said...

y'all are soooo key-oot!!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics super woman.....once again I had a wonderful time and wish it could have been longer but duties call...wish someone will post the video. let me know....

7:13 PM  
Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

1. I said you didn't know how to have fun, M? I must have been joking, I think you're fun.

2. I absolutely love that picture of you, Kathy!

3. Mark, I'm working on the video now. Editing takes awhile, I hope to have it by tomorrow!

9:43 PM  
Blogger View From The Lake said...

Well, the word fun is as close as I can come to describing just exactly it was that you said. This is a family blog and all.

Very cute pictures. Didn't even see the pumpkin thing.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

looks like you guys had a blast! Too fun! I checked out the website...and I think we're headed down there next weekend. OH, and I like your new hairdo "Clod".

7:07 AM  
Blogger "The Glenifer" said...

I'm sorry I missed it! It looks like it was a good time.

I just realized that I left a comment here when I meant to talk to dailydiablogger. Sorry about the confusion. It was early in the morning, and I hadn't had my Pepsi yet. I somehow thought this was her personal blog, but now that I've seen pictures, I've got it straight.

Guess I earned those blond highlights I got yesterday!

If there's anything else I can do to help the cause, please let me know.

-Jenn

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home