Friday, February 10, 2006

Evolution or the Missing Link?

I'm home! I'm 100x better than I was this time last night. I usually don't do well when waking from anesthesia, but the relief from the pain was so great that I felt wonderful! So the surgery was a smashing success. I must get on my knees and thank several people in my life today: Anissa for getting me in to see her doctor, Dr. Montemuro for seeing me so quickly, the Nuclear Medicine Department at Stonecrest, and my surgeon Dr. Larsen and his staff. Also thanks to the staff at Stonecrest - how fortunate we are to live in a community with people as professional and compassionate as these.

Anyway, the surgery was the answer to my prayers. I almost feel like I could make it to the bloggers meeting tomorrow if my husband takes me! I could even bring girl scout cookies! :-) I don't know if the drugs will allow me to do so, though, because I am pretty light-headed.

Meanwhile, back to the Evolution vs. Missing Link title of this post. When I got out of surgery, I learned I was growing a new, as yet unidentified organ. The surgeon said neither he nor the other surgeons have ever ever seen anything like it. It was like a second liver was growing. He took detailed pictures of it and it looked pink and healthy. But he did cut it out because obviously it did not belong. I'm either evolving into a new species (ha), will be the missing link for some future version of humankind (ha), or the agent orange plant I used to live next to when my Dad was in the military caused this (the likely answer). It kind of grosses and freaks me out. But on the other hand, I don't care because I am pain free!

Thanks to everyone who called, emailed, and posted. Your happy thoughts are greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home